Monday, March 7, 2011

Bits of Brilliance

I love to sit at my table and look out the kitchen windows in the morning.  I watch the birds staying busy and the squirrel making his rounds.  I admire the flowers and dream of finishing undone backyard projects.  This sleepy Monday morning I was sitting still and quiet, drinking in the view with the sweetness of sunshine after all the rain.

Brilliant bits of light on the honeysuckle bush caught my attention.  They were flashing blue as if they were tiny bits of flame.  I realized that the sunlight was shining into the yard and reflecting off of water droplets, giving the appearance of tiny flashing lights decorating the bushes.  As I moved my head, the color changed from blue to green and then on to red - a delightful rainbow.  Only God could provide such simply beautiful decorations.  I moved my head another direction and the lights were no longer visible to me.  As I sat back in my original position to again admire the decor, I realized that I only saw the flashing bits of brilliance because God placed me in the perfect position at the perfect time and opened my eyes to see them.

The Scriptures are filled with flashing bits of brilliance and simply beautiful blessings.  But we don't see all of them at once.  Often they are found in the stillness and quiet, like a sleepy Monday morning.  God places us in the perfect position at the perfect time and opens our eyes to see the brilliance and beauty that has always been there, but has been invisible to us.

I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty,
And on Your wondrous works.  Psalm 145:5

May your day be filled with bits of beauty and brilliance from the Lord!

Smiling in the sunshine,
Lisa  :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww...that was beautiful my friend. I love it when that happens and we get to once again marvel at God's greatness!!!
    HUGS
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!