Friday, January 27, 2012

There Once Was A Boy Who Liked Nonsense

I recently gave my kiddo a homeschooling Literature assignment of writing a haiku and a limerick.  I thought it would help him to better remember what haikus and limericks were all about plus I thought it would be a fun thing for him to do.  Apparently he thought it was torture - LOL!

He did his best to write silly nonsense of course, but his limerick did make me laugh.  I suppose some could read it and think it sounds a bit violent, but if you knew my kid you would realize he's just being silly - and a boy.  :)

Here's your literary enrichment for the day:

Somebody once bumped right into me.
He started to walk away rudely.
He was then at my side
When I whacked his poor hide,
And then he began crying profusely.

Do your kids love silliness and nonsense as much as my kid?  Have a sweet & silly day friends!

Smiling in the sunshine,
Lisa  :)

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Way funny. So love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is HILARIOUS. I'm so gonna make my boys do this next week... it will kill them LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I love it. Oh boy, if our boys ever meet in real life, watch out. LOL!
    HUGS
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!